Saturday, May 19, 2007

I'm a lucky bastard.

Look.

Just LOOK at what my secret pal sent me!



That's right, a crapload of chocolate! And not only that, it's from Vermont Nut Free Chocolate, so I don't have to worry about dying and all... Oh, and they're crazy delicious. It's really good chocolate. Thank you secret pal!!!

In other news, Josh set up the crib today while I supervised and lent a tiny bit of assistance. It's awesome. I'm an adult.



Is that a DOLL in the background, you ask? Yes. It is. And no, we haven't found out yet whether we're having a boy or a girl. That's Monday. Hold your horses already. Josh and I bought a doll for a couple of reasons. For me, the main reason is so we can carry it around and put it in baby-like places so Marley gets used to something that he can't mess with that's about that size. The other reason is so Josh can learn how to diaper and we can both learn how to use a baby sling without subjecting an actual child to our inexpertise. And yes, there is a diaper on the doll. I couldn't help it. I had to check to see if I could still do it.



Oh, the doll also cries and makes other noises if you press in different areas. Marley gets very concerned when it cries. It was in the crib and Josh pushed it's foot to make it cry and Marley came up to the crib, stuck his nose through as far as he could and tried to kiss the doll. Awww...

I promise, this is the last you'll hear about the doll (in this post at least--hey, who knows...). When we were driving home from the store I realized one of the doll's eyes (which are the open-shut kind) was stuck open. So I shook the baby. I know, I know. NEVER shake a baby. Which is exactly what Josh immediately said to me and nearly made me pee myself from laughing.

1 comment:

The Myers Family said...

I know you are excited about knitting some girly goodies, but my guess is its a boy...