Saturday, January 12, 2008

Best and Worst FOs of 2007

Okay ladies and gentlemen, the time has come to list my least and most favorite finished objects of 2007. Let's start with the worst.



I call this the three-year shawl. And for good reason. It took three damn YEARS for me to finally summon up the willpower to finish knitting the 6-foot stockinette rectangle that made up the bulk of the shawl. I gave it to my mom almost immediately because it made me sick to look at it. I was supposed to add beadwork to it, but by the time I finally finished knitting it I was ready to burn it, not bead it. It's a shame too because it was made with beautiful teal (with flecks of green) alpaca. SO soft.

And now on to the best.

My favorite knitted finished object has got to be Eli's Coming Home Sweater, aka Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket. I knit it up in a rainbow colorway of Koigu.



Which leads me to my all-time favorite finished object of 2007...












(I bet the suspense is killing you...)


















Of course, right? How could he NOT be the best thing I made in 2007?!?

2 comments:

Mary Lou said...

Even though you have to hand wash him...

Mary Heather said...

That picture is so sweet! he is adorable.