Monday, October 02, 2006

Secret Pal 9 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I like wool, alpaca, cashmere... Basically natural hair fibers. I try to stay far far away from acrylics.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I use a large 1.5 foot glass floor vase that I bought at Ikea.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I've been knitting for about 7 years. I learned the basic knit & purl stitches from my mom and taught myself the rest. I consider myself to be intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do. I have an Amazon wish list.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)

I like Gardenia, but no other flowery scents. I mostly stick to fruit scents, except pear and kiwi scents. I LOVE grapefruit scented things.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Yes. I love chocolate, but due to a recent discovery that I'm allergic to all nuts, I have to stay away. I've been placating myself with gummy candies.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I have a drop spindle, but I'm not very good at it. As far as other crafty things, I make journals, do calligraphy, partake in a little beading, and like to fold paper into pretty birds, boxes, etc.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like just about everything. My computer and stereo can play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I love blues, but I like all other colors as well.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I am newly married (as of last June) and have an 8 month old puppy at home.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

All of the above. I live in MN, so it's necessary!

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I don't really have a favorite. I tend to have at least 6 projects started or in progress at any given time.

13. What are you knitting right now?

A sweater for me, a cashmere scarf, a linen table runner, a shrug, some socks, a soon-to-be felted purse, and a beaded shawl.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I prefer Bamboo, with the exception of Addi Turbos, and work with both straight and circular as the mood strikes me.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Yes

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

2 years? (Yikes!)

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas or Thanksgiving.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Pulp fiction novels.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Not off the top of my head... I have a problem with buying patterns... I have a subscription to Vogue Knitting.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I need to work on fair isle and intarsia. Or knitting 2 socks at once!

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes. I wear a size 9.5

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

09/06.

No comments: